Tuesday, April 19, 2011

130

The number 130 is truly an evil number. I can't describe why, but it is, and you'd be amazed how often it appears in the world around us, just as the world is going to hell.

Anyway, despite the horrors of the number, I would've been happy to bowl a 130 today. But I bowled SIX games and couldn't get there.

Again, how did I ever bowl a 203? I'm a mess.

I have so little control of the world. No one asks for my advice, and no one listens when I have something to say. I'm so pissed off right now.

My parents bought my brother a hearing aid that cost $1800 today. I found hearing aids on amazon.com a few days ago that cost $320 for a set of two, and nearly everyone raves about how great they are in comparison to the high-priced ones.

Did that persuade my folks? Of course not, because you always get what you pay for, and since $320 is less than 20% of $1800, those hearing aids are less than 20% as good, no matter what the dozens and dozens of reviewers say.

If I complain about it, all I get is "What do you care about it?" and then I have to defend myself, explaining that I don't expect any inheritance money from them and that I hope they live long enough to burn through all of their savings. But I care because it appears to be a lot of wasted money!

A few months ago, they blew over $100 on installing a screen door to the garage that would've taken less than a half-hour for me to do. Is that their way of enjoying their hard-earned money? I would've been happy to install it for a cup of coffee.

Wow, this is one negative post. Better end it positively. I'm learning David Crosby's "Guinnevere" on guitar and it's actually sounding pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Download "Topanga," by Colin Hay, or borrow it from Margie, and listen to "Waiting For My Real Life to Begin." It helped me, and might you too . . .

    ReplyDelete