Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Better

My bowling game returned to its higher level last night. It wasn't perfect, as I still missed a couple of makeable spares, but I was perfect on the 10 and 6-10 conversions. We took on a team that had a better record than their average would profess, and they did beat us narrowly in the first game, but we took the other two and the series.

My scores? 213-183-188. I can definitely live with that. I tried not to think too much about my game, but I know that I was staying "within myself" most of the night. I remembered to loft the ball, which gave me more break and maybe a little more power. Early on, when there was more oil, I was able to bowl at a comfortable, not-so-hard velocity, and it got to the pocket nicely. Later, I was putting a little more zip on it easily done by holding the ball a little higher at the beginning of the backswing, to account for the oil being spread out and the lane breaking more. Along with moving two boards to the left, I was still able to do well, albeit a little less consistently. But hey, when your low game is a 183, you're bowling quite nicely. A 195 average? Hell yeah!

I didn't print out my games, but I think there were only 1-2 frames where I left makeable spares. One was a 2-4 or a 4-7, where I went a little too far left and just barely missed the lead pin. I don't remember the other. I know I made a 3-10 baby split. It was a very good night of bowling, and though I want to get back out there ASAP, I have a busy day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment