Sunday, March 20, 2011

No, she said

I didn't get the Hinsdale Central job. The head of the math department, who is younger than me, started her phone call on Friday with a few nice things to say about me, but of course, I didn't hear any of it because I was already crestfallen. When asked why I wasn't considered with right candidate, she said that they preferred someone with more experience teaching AP Stats, and they found someone with 20 years under their belt. Okay, that's hard to beat.

So I'm too young and too old to teach here. I also have too little experience and too much experience.

I hate this state. Though I love our house and yard, and I'm happy to be close to my family again, Illinois has not been kind to me in the least.

Next up is the Riverside job, for which Jacki DeMarco will likely call me in the next few days. I could find some solace and happiness in that job. Besides, it would be a job, offered by a company that considers me an asset. I need that.

If I don't land that job, I'll prepare to go to that big actuary luncheon and network.

What I really need to do is keep my head up. Gotta work on those neck muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment