Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New high, new songs

First, I gotta suggest to the band that we play "No Time To Lose" by the Tarney-Spencer Band, now that I have an .mp3 of it. Along with "Valerie," I'm going to STRONGLY suggest that we learn them, and if not, it'll make it easy for me to see that my voice isn't being heard, and that I should go elsewhere to have a voice.

Hey! I bowled a 219 today! How strange that it happened this week, after I've been bowling so terribly and missing my spots so often. But I changed a few things, which felt natural.

First, I washed my bowling ball in the dishwasher. Strange, I know, but it worked like a charm. I didn't realize just how oily was ball was, and since it had so little friction going down the lanes, I was overcompensating and throwing everything else out of whack.

Also, I started taking my time with my final step. I do a small skip with my third and fourth steps, then wait a little before putting my last step out.

And I was really feeling the ball come out of my thumb before my fingers, and I could consistently feel the fingers putting a good spin on the ball. I had my hand at a 60-degree angle or so (no degrees would be straight toward the pins) and I may have been flicking my wrist, pushing my fingers toward the forearm, at the release. Not sure about that part, but all I know is that I had a nice strike ball going for me today.

It took about two games to find it. My first game was only 110, but my second was about 150.  (I don't actually remember.) The third was 183. Here's the fourth game:

X X 5/ 90 9/ X X X X 9/7

Again, I have yet to bowl an open-frame-free game. I couldn't make standing tens today to save my soul. And I finished with a 150, accidentally bowling one extra ball at the end that seemed to make all ten pins explode away from the ball at once.

And now I'm studying my actuarial math, and for once, it's making sense. Man, I'm on a roll.

When I informed Margie about the ball washing and the result, her response was "That's great news! Wash the basketball so I can dunk!" I love this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment