Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TFA: progress

GREAT news. I can tell that John was not thrilled with the prospect of playing drums for some of the songs, as he's most comfortable on guitar and will have to make time to practice with me, but I think he prefers that option to me leaving the band.

I'm certain Digger prefers that option.

Paulito thinks I'm a good drummer and should be fine with the switch, but he doesn't want to deal with any drama.

There is drama between Eileen and myself, so I wrote her a huge e-mail, going over the instances in our past that caused strife. (Way too long to post here.) I feel very good about what I wrote. I did not apologize for anything I don't regret. I said that I would try to be more concerned about her feelings. I complimented her on her voice and her fit within TFA. There were no lies in the e-mail.

If she does not accept my apology, the band might be through. I don't think anyone wants to vote on who gets kicked out; that would likely cause Paul to split and the band to collapse. I could just quit, but now that I can work on guitar-playing with the band, I don't want to leave.

Eileen herself said that "females bring drama" when it comes to bands. I'm not happy that I'm on the other side of most (if not all) of these dramas, but here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment