Sunday, November 13, 2011

No one particular thing to write today, but Margie's watching a show that's just okay and I'm listening to the radio post-game show of the Bears' win, and playing pool isn't grabbing me, so I'm here.

I'm having another acupuncture appointment tomorrow. Not sure if the first one worked, but this one can target anything I want. Depression? Anxiety? Weight loss? Tinnitus? Maybe self-esteem is one. I'm getting more of that, but I could always use more.

My good friend Glenn teaches in Tennessee, but he's currently not teaching and he's not sure why. He's been out of work for 2-3 weeks now, and no one's telling him anything. I can understand our society wanting to protect our children, but don't they realize that a student can make up a story, in order to ruin the life of a teacher he/she hates? Not only do I want to stay away from teaching in this country right now, but I fear our country's future if we continue to treat teachers with such derision.

So many people think that teaching is an easy job. To them I say the following: you do it. Good luck; you'll need a lot of it.

No one can say what they'd do in an inexperienced stressful situation. Yet so many members of sports media lambasted Joe Paterno and everyone else involved with Penn State's tragedy, as if they never make mistakes.

I'd type more but Margie's done with her TV show. Hey honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment