Monday, November 28, 2011

WTV?

VEE stands for Validation by Educational Experience. It's a bunch more stuff I'll have to pass before I get my ASA designation. There are three rigors necessary: applied statistics, economics and finance. And I have none of the three.

My Allstate contact suggested that I look into banging them out during this time. But man, it won't be cheap. Though I won't have to re-enroll in college, I'll likely have to take an on-line course. The three combined look to cost two grand. Yikes! Might I be able to take the exam and just study on my own? Not sure. Maybe a course would be better for me anyway.

I guess that employers really don't care too much about VEE; they're only interested in SOA exams and experience. So I should concentrate on landing that experience part first.

Gotta run to have lunch with Galen, an old semi-friend from high school who's very hard not to like. But I wanted to get this down before I split.

No comments:

Post a Comment