Monday, February 28, 2011

Things I could do right now

... instead of dorking around on-line.
  • Find actuarial jobs for which to apply. (Actually, I can't seem to find those jobs at all.)
  • Sign up for the CAA meeting, taking place in late March. (I asked a member of the Chicago Actuarial Association for advice and he suggested that I attend. It'll only cost me $50 to go as an unemployed person. I'll really have to be on my stuff that day. That's a definite thing to do, but I don't feel like signing up just yet.)
  • Work on our next set. (It's my turn to create the set list for our March 12th gig. I have basic ideas on what should be played and what should take a rest, but it's so far away that I can wait on it.)
  • Have another piece of gum. (Amanda, a long-lost college acquaintance who responded to my out-of-the-blue Facebook friend request, sent me a bunch of stuff in the mail. Most of it is edible, but there's a small bottle of Oxi Clean in there too. i can't yet figure why she did it, but it's very cool that she did, and the flavor from this stick of strawberry shortcake flavored gum is losing its flavor now.)
  • Try to clean more of the carpet. (With what I thought were shows wet with clean snow, I went across our front room to look out the window and see more drama from across the street, where a nice guy is losing his fight with alcoholism. It was bad for me to snoop like that, and I'll probably continue to do it in the name of being a caring neighbor, but I dirtied the carpet and am trying to clean it up with a bottle of Resolve. I will not use the Oxi Clean on it. Looks like the Resolve is doing okay, and I have another spot or two that needs treatment. Guess I'll do that now.)  (Okay, that's done.)
  • Eat the rest of my sandwich. (I got a foot-long buffalo chicken sandwich at Subway, my attempt at finding a healthful food while still getting out of the house. I could've eaten the entire foot-long right away, but I'd be just as hungry at 3:00pm if I ate it all or just half of it. This way, I have a snack waiting for me. Too bad it's not very good.)
  • Exercise. (It's nice out and the sidewalks are probably melted enough for me to go for a walk. There's also a nice elliptical machine and a pretty good exercise bike downstairs. I've been doing a pretty good job exercising lately, usually with Margie while listening to the iPod. But Margie's working right now and my lower back has been hurting today - no clue why - so I'll give the big exercising a rest. A walk? Later. Maybe.)
  • Create a design for Tito's room. (That's the name of our third bedroom, which will hopefully be our child's room. I painted it vibrant green and white with a touch a green, and I picture the big wall as looking nice with a dark blue design. I just haven't yet created the design. I'm thinking late-era Matisse but can't find the right inspiration. Not the sitting girl. Maybe a few of those spongy creatures like the Jazz era. But they have no lines to them, so I'd have to freehand them. And that wouldn't require much prep work, just winging it. And I'm not in the mood to create like that and clean up afterwards, so no.)
  • Blog. 
But enough of this. I've got work to do.

1 comment:

  1. How 'bout prepping to play fantasy baseball? And is Tito the name of the room, or your future child? 'Cause Tito Stapleton is the best ballplayer name EVER . . .

    ReplyDelete