Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday

Again, I'm unable to find a lunch partner.

I asked Kip, Eileen, Digger and Brett. All have more important things to do.


I spent the morning making a new poster for the band. It's not in the Fillmore design but based on a chocolate advertisement en francais, of which you may be familiar. I'm happy with it and feel that it was a good waste of time.


Not bad for Microsoft Paint, eh?

Going out to lunch is also a nice time-suck. The job market for me looks bleak and I try to avoid starting at it whenever I can. I'm great at math. I've been a fine teacher. I've worked in the communications field as well. I'm a member of Mensa. Why can't I land a job?

If not a job, at least a purpose. It's very difficult to see my peers on Facebook, all of which are apparently doing better and living happier lives. Apart from my marriage, which is wonderful, I have very little going for me.

This is boring copy to read, but it's what goes through my head every single day. Maybe if I get it in writing, I won't have to replay it every day and can actually get down to tackling my issues.

But first - lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Maverick, you'll get your RIO when you get to your ship. And if you don't, gimme a call . . . I'll fly with you.

    ReplyDelete