Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday, 8 February

I've decided to make a poster for my band, Ted From Accounting. We're a five-piece classic rock band that plays in the northwest suburbs.

Our current poster design is looking a little long in the tooth, and I have time on my hands (thanks, economy) and a yen for an artistic creative outlet, so I think I'll follow the Fillmore design.

The lettering looks easy enough - I wonder which came first, the name "Fillmore" or the font that fills more of the surface - but I need a subject to catch the eye. I'm hoping that an old sketch/study I drew of my wife will suffice. It's in my parents' house, somewhere. I hope. The plan is to Nagel-ify that sketch, then Fillmore the background.

Hope the band likes it. If not, at least it's something I can put on my wall in the basement.

If I can attach a picture of it, here's a study of Paul Klee's "Kettledrummer" that I painted last week. It could be better, as his right arm is too thick, but I don't have any white paint. Just red and black. It matches the colors in our living room.

Hm. Can't figure out how to add an image yet. Maybe this...

1 comment:

  1. Used "Canard" font to redesign my blog header . . . see where distressed leads you.

    ReplyDelete