Friday, October 14, 2011

TFA: might never play again

Paulito never responded to my e-mail, suggesting we look at his friend before calling it a day. I had to forward it to him this morning, in order to get a response. Of course, his response was cold, saying that it was before Eileen chose to leave, and that he still has work issues.

So I'm hurt. Hurt enough to not want to see these people right now. So I wrote the band and told them that a personal issue has developed and that I might not be able to make the CROP Walk gig, but I'd let them know as soon as I can.

Paulito has sent a reply e-mail waiting in my inbox, which I'm currently choosing to ignore. Man, this is way too much drama. There's a strong chance that he'll decide to pull out of the Mensa gig, which wouldn't really hurt me, as only one of us wanted to play that gig anyway. That's Digger. Poor guy; he means well but has made some missteps lately. I'm sure he badly wants to play WeeM, now more than ever, and if it falls apart, he might hold me partially responsible for it.

All of this sucks. Get me out of this band. Another one, sure, though I'll want to wait on that for a while. But this band, and their inability or unwillingness to communicate and resolve, blows. Perhaps this is why bands needs leaders, those who have a greater say than others but are loved and respected. If not, everyone needs to buy into the greater good. Eileen was clearly not willing to do that and was only looking at her self-interests.

Okay, on to studying. I need to get this last part of the MLC math material done. Margie and I are going to see Primus tonight. Hell yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment