Tuesday, October 4, 2011

TFA: imploding

Just got an e-mail this morning from Eileen. She told everyone in the band that she's quitting after our late-October gig at the Mensa party.

I can't catch a break here. Margie and I were discussing how poorly things have gone for me lately, and that I'm due for something good to happen. I'm having a hard time seeing how this is a good thing.

There's a big chance that Paulito will now pull out, and that will definitely kill the band.

I wrote Eileen back right away, telling her not to do this if it's only because of her difficulty with me, as I'm scaling back my involvement with the band in order to enjoy it more. I told her that we can work this out.

It won't work, though. She's stubborn and I can't imagine her coming back, not without me quitting.

Digger's in the middle of a hectic day at his new job, so I won't bother him with this now. He'll read Eileen's e-mail and freak, then try to fix it, but he hasn't been good at making the correct move for a while.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment